Sandhurst Club Residential
One of Australia’s largest integrated 36-hole golf and residential lifestyle communities located in Melbourne’s south east, approx. 35 minutes from the CBD. This fully completed staged joint development by Roche Holdings, ClubLinks and the Mantello Group, valued in excess of $500 M(excluding land sales), was constructed during a 13-year period from 2002–2015. The first 18-hole golf course and the clubhouse opened in May 2004 with the second course following in 2007. Sandhurst comprises 1850 homes, restaurant, café, a recreation club including gym, spa, swimming, tennis, basketball, a childcare centre and the Victorian headquarters for the PGA of Australia incorporating a comprehensive golf learning centre.
DPS was initially involved with the project during the land rezoning and planning permit stages in 1996. Further engagement with the project occurred during 2000–2005 when the following project related services were provided:
- David Sinclair’s appointment to the Board of the holding company, Sandhurst Estates
- Client-side development management on behalf of Roche Holdings for the project through the statutory planning process leading up to site construction phase
- Marketing and sales of 600+ golf membership shares during the pre-opening construction phase of the project.
- Management of a unique membership maintenance program designed to provide pre-opening social and networking opportunities for new golf members
- Design and project management of the of the Clubhouse and Maintenance Facilities.
- Precinct master planning advice including the management of the concept design phase and strategic planning brief for the PGA headquarters
As with any long-term project, achieving a desired and positive outcome is testimony to the structuring and maintenance of a strong project brand and vision. Sandhurst is a successful example of this approach. DPS is proud to have played a key part in the early stages of developing the brand and vision for the Sandhurst Club.